I think one of my favourite moments in the day is when I get up and give myself time to make and enjoy a steaming hot matcha green tea latte.
There are so many ways to make a matcha latte, and I want this to be simple, yet still allow you to achieve a great tasting and nutritious drink.
This fast and easy recipe uses oat milk for a flavour balance that will leave you feeling ready and raring to go. Delicious hot or cold.
- ½ tsp liquid energy
- Approximately 50ml hot (not boiling water)
- 200ml additional hot water or steamed milk of choice (psssst. We love Oatly's Barista blend!)
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey, agave, maple syrup) (optional)
- Matcha is prone to clumps, so sifting the matcha into a small bowl or your mug will really help disperse the powder equally whilst whisking.
- Pour 50ml of the hot water. Using a matcha whisk (best) or small regular whisk, whisk the matcha in the water until fully suspended where bubbles begin to form.
- Now here you can top with 200ml more water and enjoy as you would a green tea OR froth/steam/warm desired milk and pour on top.
- Give a stir and add your sweetener if using.
If you have a milk frother, add ½-1 tsp liquid energy in with your milk and let them froth up together!
Watch how I made it!