Now that it is officially summer, you may be wanting to switch your hot matcha latte for a colder version. So why not try our iced matcha latte for that energising matcha feeling!
- ½ tsp liquid energy
- Approximately 2 tbsp warm water (not boiling - as it will reduce the health benefits of the matcha)
- 200ml milk of choice (psssst. We used Oatly's Barista blend!)
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey, agave, maple syrup) (optional)
- Lots of ice!
- Firstly, you need to reduce the graininess of the matcha powder.
If using a whisk, spoon the liquid energy in to a bowl/small jug and add warm water and continuously whisk until a smooth paste is formed.
If you haven't got a whisk to hand then not to worry! Simply sift the matcha into the bowl/small jug and then add water and mix with a spoon until a smooth paste is formed.
- Leave the matcha to chill in the fridge for approximately 15 minutes.
- Now add lots of ice cubes to your glass.
- Now you can either choose to have frothy milk by mixing with a whisk or just have the milk as it is and pour directly into your glass.
- If choosing to use a sweetener add in at this point.
- Pour in the chilled matcha and frothed milk - doesn't matter which order they go in.
- Stir with a tall spoon/straw and you are done!
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food