These incredible chocolate covered snickers stuffed dates taste like snickers and are made with real, whole food ingredients - an absolute favourite!
Super simple to make too!
- 10 medjool dates (pitted and soaked)
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy)
- 2 tsp liquid balance
- 60g 70% chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 10 tsp peanuts (chopped)
- 3 tbsp peanuts (chopped)
- Stir peanut butter and liquid balance in a bowl.
- Cut a slit in each date to remove the pit then fill each with the peanut butter mix (about ½ tsp). Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each. It should take no longer than 1-2 minutes in total.
- Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top of each date. Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
Just want one treat ASAP?! Just use 1 date, ½ tsp of peanut butter, 1 tsp crushed peanuts and about 1 tbsp of melted chocolate.
Keep leftover chocolate covered dates in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. These are also able to be frozen and kept for 1-2 months.