Super simple to make and one you can get the children involved in!
For ten sweet chewy chocolate dates treats you will need:
- 10 juicy medjool dates
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tsp liquid balance salted caramel blend
- 1/2 cup 90% chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pop 2-3 heaped tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter in a bowl and stir in 2 tsp of MAWish Liquid balance.
- Cut a slit in each date to remove the pit then fill each with the peanut butter mix (about 1/2 teaspoon). Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each. It should take longer than 1-2 minutes total.
- Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle remaining crushed peanuts on top of each date. Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
- Keep leftover chocolate covered dates in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. These are also able to be frozen and kept for 1 - 2 months.
Just want one treat ASAP?! Just use 1 date, 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon crushed peanuts and about 1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate.
Did you make this recipe? tag @mawish.food on Instagram