An absolute classic that never goes out of style, but is totally open to re-invention, and has been in every shape, colour, size and flavour!
We wanted an indulgent classic and came up with this MAWish take on the brownie. We pushed the boundaries with the amount of cacao to get the richest taste, but also added a little espresso for depth and our liquid balance blend to reap the benefits of MACA.
- 60g oats
- 150ml oat milk
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder
- 100g plain flour
- 70% 100g dark chocolate (melted)
- 30g hemp seeds
- 3 egg whites
- ½ medium courgette (washed, peeled and grated)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp liquid balance
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 tsp instant coffee mix with a little water
- Butter/oil (to grease tray)
Do not worry if you haven't got all of the ingredients! Here are some swaps you could make!
- Swap the cacao powder for unsweetened cocoa powder, essentially the same thing but has gone through a little more processing.
- Protein powder- we use a vegan vanilla protein from Prozis, and this adds the sweetness and helps balance out the macronutrients but any protein powder will work and is a great thing to have in the cupboard.
- Spelt flour- any flour is absolutely fine but we prefer wholemeal, rye or spelt.
- Feel free to get creative- try adding a handful of raspberries, nuts or dark choc chips.
If you have a blender then perfect! If not this is also fine done by hand.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ Fan 180°C/ Gas mark 6. Line and grease a baking tray using parchment paper and butter/oil.
- Sift flour and add dry ingredients to blender or bowl. Blitz or stir till combined.
- Add wet ingredients and blitz or fold to incorporate into the bowl.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and drizzle with peanut butter and chopped nuts/choc drops if using.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. You will be able to tell when the brownies are done as they will subtly bounce back when pressed.
- Serve warm or leave for a day for flavours to enhance even more.
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food