Whilst working from home, these are such a great staple to have in the kitchen and can be eaten as a quick breakfast with a scoop of yoghurt, mid afternoon when you need a pick me up or warmed up with a little custard for a crummy dessert!
They are a healthy take on the traditional butter and sugar laden flapjack, the scoop of protein helps to balance out the macro-nutrients and the added #liquidgold helps boost their nutritional value!
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 scoop (25g) vanilla vegan protein powder - vivolife
- 30g flax seeds
- 30g chia seeds
- 130g dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp Liquid Gold
- dark chocolate (for decoration)
- Pre-heat your oven to 175C (350F) and add all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Put the dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water until soft
- melt the agave nectar & coconut oil in the microwave for a minute, stir and add to the dry ingredients
- drain the soaked dates and add them to the mixture
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated with the oil & honey before pouring into a greased baking tray (or I lined mine with baking paper)
- Press the mixture down firmly all over so that the mixture is packed together tightly before baking for 20 minutes
- Allow the flapjack to cool in the tin before transferring to the fridge for 4-5 hours. You'll then be able to slice the bars into 6-12 pieces before drizzling over the melted dark chocolate