Whilst working from home, these are such a great staple to have in the kitchen and can be eaten as a quick breakfast with a scoop of yoghurt, mid afternoon when you need a pick me up or warmed up with a little custard for a yummy dessert!
They are a healthy take on the traditional butter and sugar laden flapjack, the scoop of protein helps to balance out the macronutrients and the added liquid gold helps boost their nutritional value!
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 30g flax seeds
- 30g chia seeds
- 130g medjool dates (remove pit)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp liquid gold
- Butter/oil (to grease tray)
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/ Fan 155°C/ Gas mark 4. Line and grease a baking tray using parchment paper and butter/oil.
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Put the dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water until soft.
- Melt the agave nectar and coconut oil in the microwave for a minute, stir and add to the dry ingredients
- Drain the soaked dates and add them to the mixture.
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated with the oil and agave nectar.
- Pour all of the mixture into the greased baking tray.
- Press the mixture down firmly all over so that the mixture is packed together tightly before baking.
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Allow the flapjack to cool in the tray before transferring to the fridge for 4-5 hours. You'll then be able to slice the bars into 6-12 pieces before drizzling over the melted dark chocolate.