Festive or not, I made this as one of our Christmas day desserts. Hands down it is delicious any time of year... certainly at a summer BBQ (if and when we get to enjoy those again!)
Anyway... time is ticking and I really think you should give this one a go!
- 250g digestive OR oreos (OR anything tbh)
- 90g butter (melted)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 250g softened cream cheese
- 300ml thickened double cream
- Squeeze of a lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp liquid energy
- 2 tsp gelatine
- ¼ cup just-boiled water
- 200g white chocolate (melted)
- ¼ tsp liquid energy
- Handful of rose petals
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin. If you don't have a round tin make this cheesecake traybake style and cut into squares (great for a buffet).
- In a food processor, pulse biscuits to fine crumbs. Add butter and ginger and mix well. Press firmly in the base of the pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cream, whipped to soft peaks, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste and liquid energy until smooth.
- Sprinkle gelatine over boiled water and whisk vigorously with a fork to dissolve. Beat into cream cheese mixture, then gradually add white chocolate, beating to combine.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into baking tin, but keep about a third of the mixture behind. Whisk the extra liquid energy into the reserved mixture. Then spoon large dollops of this mixture on top and gently swirl through, using a butter knife... This will leave a lovely marble type effect.
- Chill and cover for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight. Sift liquid energy on the top and add some rose petals if you're feeling a little extra!
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food