Carrots for breakfast??
Think about it... you eat carrot in cake, so why not in your porridge?
Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, vitamin K, and potassium; and our liquid gold is packed full of anti-inflammatory turmeric and immune supporting ginger.
This warming, indulgent turmeric porridge is the perfect healthy breakfast! Made with jumbo oats, coconut milk, grated carrot and optional protein powder.
Liquid gold is without a doubt our star ingredient, which includes: turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and black pepper! Did you know that black pepper helps the body absorb the health benefits of turmeric by up to 2000%?!
So why not give this recipe a go?
- 30-40g jumbo oats
- 300-400ml coconut milk
- Half a carrot (grated)
- ½ tsp liquid gold
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 30g strawberries
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Pour oats, milk and grated carrot in a saucepan.
- Stir and cook on a medium heat on the hob. Do so until the oats are soft and begin to thicken.
- Add liquid gold and any more milk if you need to reduce the thickness.
- Pour into your favourite bowl and decorate. We decided to top with chia seeds, strawberries, pomegranate seeds and nut butter!
Nutritional breakdown per serve (without protein powder) (minus decoration):
Total Calories: 263 Carbohydrate: 37g Protein: 9g Fat: 11g
Nutritional breakdown per serve (with protein powder) (minus decoration):
Total Calories: 347 Carbohydrate: 41g Protein: 23g Fat: 12g
Watch how we made it!