Hello porridge fan 🙋🏻♀️! Porridge is the best isn’t it? Versatile for any month of the year, super easy to whip up and pretty nutritious too!
I do find, that on some mornings (especially Mondays!) that I’d like a sweeter porridge just to put me in a better mood! So I decided to add our liquid balance maca blend and let me tell you it’s a game changer. Still a nutritious way to start the morning but reminiscent of salted caramel without the use of sugar. Maca has also been suggested to help with our mood too, so it’s a win win!
I’m pretty sure this might even make Goldilocks jealous!
- 30-40g jumbo oats
- 200ml oat milk
- 100-200ml water
- 1 tsp liquid balance
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Handful of mixed fruit: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and red currants
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- Pour oats and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir and cook on a medium heat on the hob. Do so until the oats are soft and begin to thicken.
- Add liquid balance. Now add water if you need to reduce the thickness.
- Pour into your favourite bowl and decorate. We decided to top with an assortment of seeds, fruit and nut butter!
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food