So it looks like spring has finally sprung!
With warmer days, lighter evenings and summer holidays on the horizon it has got us thinking about smoothie bowls!
Smoothie bowls are the epitome of summer and something that we love to eat as a breakfast/snack. So we thought why not incorporate our liquid energy matcha blend in one?
And that's exactly what we did!
So here it is our Matcha, Mango and Banana Smoothie Bowl!
This really packs a punch both in terms of nutrients and taste. The crunchiness of the hazelnuts, to the sweetness of the fruit and the creaminess of the soya milk makes for a seriously scrumptious smoothie!
Try it for yourself - you will not regret it!
- 1 banana
- 200g mango
- Handful of spinach
- ½ tsp liquid energy
- 125ml milk/mylk (depending on how thick you would like it!)
- 2 tbsp warm water (not boiling water as it will reduce the health benefits of the matcha)
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
This recipe is incredibly versatile, so if there are ingredients you do not have or are just simply unsure about, then please do not be phased! We encourage you to experiment with this recipe as we certainly will!
1. Add banana, mango and spinach to a blender.
2. This step is incredibly important to help reduce the graininess of the matcha powder.
If using a whisk, spoon the liquid energy in to a bowl and add 2 tbsp of warm water and continuously whisk until a smooth paste is formed.
If you haven't got a whisk to hand then not to worry! Simply sift the matcha into the bowl and then add water and mix with a spoon until a smooth paste is formed.
Then pour in to the blender.
3. Add preferred milk/mylk to the blender (we used soya milk) and blitz all ingredients together.
4. Pour in to preferred bowl.
5. Decorate! Add your favourite toppings to make your smoothie look as good as it will taste.