Yay it’s bank holiday! An extra day to do whatever you like without the usual work commitments. So why not treat yourself and your tastebuds to a delicious brunch?
A lot of our followers have been asking for a savoury liquid gold recipe. So we thought why not create one for this bank holiday.
We went with a turmeric tofu scramble! A vegan alternative to the legendary scrambled egg, a hard one to top in my opinion… but we’ve managed it!
This scramble is an absolute winner, lower in fat, better for the planet and not to mention packed full of protein!
You’ll be able to create this nutritious brunch in less than 15 minutes.
- 225g firm tofu
- ¼ tsp liquid gold
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
To serve for 2 (optional)
- 4 slices of rye bread (toasted)
- Olive spread
- Handful of fresh basil and parsley (washed)
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes (washed and sliced)
- Squeeze of a lemon
- Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil to a frying pan and when hot, add the tofu, liquid gold and salt.
- Stir until well combined and cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- I served my tofu scramble on toasted rye bread and topped with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon.
Storage: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also prepare the tofu before cooking and freeze it for up to five months.
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food