It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 🤪 hope you’re all managing to take a bit of 'me' time ahead of the big day.
Today I fancied doing some Christmas baking and went back to replicate my fellow Msc. student May Robertson's Matcha Christmas trees using @mawish.food Liquid energy matcha powder🎄 They are the perfect festive treat to bring out when you get a knock on the door from an old neighbour!
What you’ll need:
185g butter, softened
150g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
240g plain flour
10g @mawish.food matcha latte blend (or any other matcha powder you have on hand)
75g colourful sprinkles of choice
1. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamer. Add the icing sugar and beat again until well combined. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat again.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, sift the flour and matcha and mix together. Gradually add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
3. Mix in the sprinkles. Remove from mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
5. Remove dough from fridge and roll out on a floured surface. Use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Place on prepared baking tray well space out. Bake for 15 minutes.