Matcha – a new way to flavour your guacamole + know your matchas
Cooking time (15 minutes)
This unique (but v scrummy) guac recipe amplifies the enticing green of the avocado with a little liquid energy matcha to make a Vibrant Matcha Guacamole. Or, Matchamole. Basically i’ve discovered that my favourite drink also makes a great natural food colouring. And depending on how much you add, you will reap some of the health benefits that matcha brings!
- 2 full avocados
- 1 full lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tsp MAWish Liquid Energy Matcha Blend
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- Slice 2 avocados all the way around. Twist to pop open*
- Chuck the pit and peel to your compost pail (as encouraged by MAWish).
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, 1 tsp of our Liquid Energy, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Mash the avocado with all the ingredients.
- Evenly add in 1 large diced tomato, dice ½ an onion and serve immediately.
- Enjoy with a selection of vegetables of your choice as dippers.
*Remove the avocado stone by placing your thumbs on the back of the pit and pushing from the skin. Then use a spoon to scrape out the inside