Matcha Snacking Stovetop Popcorn
Woohoo this is a Popcorn matcha mashup!
Matcha popcorn made on the stove is a delicious change from the usual microwave type, wow your friends with this healthy snack everyone will love!
This recipe includes: liquid energy, coconut oil, and a little coconut sugar for a simple and quick vegan snack. The perfect accompaniment for movie nights, long journeys or just whenever you want popcorn!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g popcorn kernels
- 1 tsp liquid energy
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix liquid energy and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the coconut oil on a medium to high heat.
- Once the coconut oil is melted add the corn kernels.
- Swirl until all kernels are coated.
- Cover with a lid, give a little shake and let the popcorn pop. Shake around every 10 seconds to move the kernels around. This is to prevent them sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
- There should be a continual popping about 3 minutes in, and here you can stop shaking and listen until the popping starts to slow.
Turn heat off, remove the lid and add the liquid energy and sugar mix. Now add the cover and carefully shake the pot until the popcorn is fully coated with the topping!
Remove the lid, if there is a lot of the matcha sugary mixture on the lid and sides of the saucepan, use a flat edge spatula to scrape it off and mix it in.
- Once cool enough serve in a large bowl.