This unique (but v scrummy) guac recipe amplifies the enticing green of the avocado with a little liquid energy matcha to make a Vibrant Matcha Guacamole. Or, Matchamole. Basically I have discovered that matcha also makes a great natural food colouring. And depending on how much you add, you will reap some of the health benefits that it brings!
- 1 avocados (pitted)
- 1 tsp liquid energy
- Fresh coriander (washed and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- ½ white onion (diced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Squeeze of lime
- Celery sticks
- Tortilla chips
- Slice both avocados all the way around. Twist to pop open - remove the avocado stone by placing your thumbs on the back of the pit and pushing from the skin. Then use a spoon to scrape out the inside (this is the bit you want!).
- Discard the pit and peel to your compost pail (as encouraged by us at MAWish).
- Add the inside of the avocado, lime juice, liquid energy, fresh coriander, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and mash!
- Add the diced tomato and onion on top.
- We served with tortilla chips. You could also use vegetables such as carrots for a dipper!
Enjoy and tag us in any of the recipes you create - would love to see! @mawish.food